Saronite Ore is the most common item I am asked about. Many people have stocked up on Saronite Ore as it was one of the easiest and plentiful resources that Markco had recommended to stockpile prior to Cataclysm. It was actually the #1 item on his list of Top 10 Items to Stockpile for Cataclysm. So its not uncommon to see people blindly follow his advice, then not really understand what to do next. You need to understand why you invested in the Saronite Ore and should have had a plan for unloading it before making the investment.
What To Do With Your Saronite Ore
Hopefully you bought all that ore at prices below the vendor value of the bars. If you got your stacks of Saronite Ore below 12.5g per stack, then you can safely smelt it into bars and sell those bars to vendors for profit. There are many other options you can use to diverisfy how you are going to profit off of your Saronite Ore stockpile.
- Smelt it into Saronite Bars to sell.
- Use bars to transmute into Titanium Bars.
- Craft Titanium Rods to sell to enchanters.
- Send your ore through the Saronite Shuffle.
- Sell the ores in stacks to other crafters.
- Or just let it sit and wait for the value to inflate over time.