|Catrina during Day of the Dead|
Day of the Dead is a 2 day holiday that runs on November 1st-2nd. You can get an achievement and a temporary pet companion. You also can make some profits off of lazy or clueless players.
Notes: The Marionette is only a temporary pet. It will disappear after the Day of the Dead event is over.
- From a cooking supplier and any innkeeper, purchase Ice Cold Milk and Simple Flour.
- Go to your race's major city's graveyard. Orcs to Orgrimmar, Humans to Goldshire, Night Elves to Darnassus, Blood Elves to Silvermoon, ect.
- Target Catrina and /dance for your achievement, Dead Man's Party.
- Purchase two Orange Marigolds from the Day of the Dead vendor.
- Use one of the Marigolds to see the ghosts of the graveyard. Find the quest giver and accept the quest The Grateful Dead.
- Acquire Bread of the Dead. You can purchase the recipe from the Day of the Dead vendor, Chapman, or just find someone hanging around with extra bread.
- Use one of the Marigolds again to see the ghosts and turn in the quest to get your Macabre Marionette pet.
You would be amazed at the number of people who either are too lazy or too time crunched to cook their own bread of the dead. You can craft and sell these for some easy money during the event and all they require to create is ice cold milk and flour. You can sell milk and flower on the auction house, but unfortunately these breads cannot be sold on the auction house. Barking in trade will get you some sales though. As with any World of Warcraft holiday, setting up shop early will yield the most customers and potential profits.