Warcraft Auction Market Fluctuations
Many of the markets within the World of Warcraft auction house are volatile markets. The value of an item may be high one day and low the next. Sometimes the value recovers and other times it remains at the new low price. There are many things that can contribute to an item's drop in value and are not limited to:
- Patch Changes
- Class Changes and Nerfs
- Spec Changes and Nerfs
- New Content Additions
- Introduction Of A New Best-In-Slot
- Increased Competition
- Flooding of Supplies
- Botting and Exploits
As a general rule crafted items are going to lose value over time. The value of any crafted item is always the highest once the recipe first becomes available. The longer you hold onto a crafted item, the more chance you risk of the value of that item dropping. This is only true for crafted items because all gear eventually becomes less desirable as new content introduces new better gear.
Tips To Avoid Losing Gold As Your Item Value Declines
- Learn newly introduced recipes as early as possible.
- Craft those items as soon as possible, to recover your recipe costs before others learn the recipes.
- Don't mass craft items ahead of time, unless you are sure they will sell.
- Only craft items as you are going to sell them.
- Never craft multiple of high priced items that require soulbound materials (like Chaos Orbs).
- Keep your materials broken down into components that you can sell should the market tank on your end product.
- If a market is looking like a crash with no bounce back to the expected price, get out as soon as you can. Your cost to craft is already sunk into that item.
- Selling for a loss is better than selling for even more of a loss later.
- Learn from any previous item value crashes. What could you have done to lessen the risk or prevent the loss?
- Not all end products sell for more than the parts.
- Don't flood your market with too many goods.
- Sell off materials that you don't need or will never use.
- Don't be a pack rat. Keep your bank and guild bank pruned, so items don't decay in your banks.
Anyone else have any tips for preventing losing gold as a WoW auctioneer?
Enjoy The Posts Here at Cold's Gold Factory? Check Out Cold's Mysterious Fortune Card Mastery Gold Making Guide To Get You Started. This Guide Can Be Applied To Multiple Markets Not Just Barking MFCs.