Friday, March 25, 2011

Passive Income | Guild Invite All Macro

Passive Income

Passive Income is possible from the Guild Perk Cash Flow, which is available at Guild Level 5.  Anaalius of Anaalius.com recently posted about the possibilities of Passive Gold Making and the Cash Flow Perk.  A couple of weeks into Cataclysm, I decided to give this a shot of my own. 

I already am the guildmaster of many guild banks.  On my main character I invited a bunch of random level characters to my guild in an experiment to see if I could get others to level my main guild up without actually running it like a guild.  I want guild perks, but I don't want to be tied to a real guild with any type of duties or expectations.  I created the guild for using other players to advance my guild level, while also taking advatnage of the various guild perks that come with leveling a guild.

The Guild Mantra

The guild is nothing but a place for leveling and alternate characters to benefit from guild perks while leveling.  There are no guild officers.  No one is allowed to even see what's in the guild bank, much less withdraw from it.  Everyone is free to invite.  Everyone is free to leave the guild at will.  We do nothing together as a guild.  We are a bunch of solo-ers that are leveling the guild for perks.  I invite people at random and use a Guild Invite All Macro to speed the process.

How I Do Guild Invites:
I do random searches with the /who search within World of Warcraft.  Using generic searches like these:
  • /who (pick a player race)
  • /who (pick a class)
  • /who (pick a dungeon)
  • /who (pick a combo of letters)
I do these random searches while in flight.  Once the /who list results are generated I just tap the Guild Invite All Macro button, which invites all of the unguilded results to the guild.

Guild Invite All Macro

Here is the exact code that I use for my Single Tap Invite All on My /who List Macro:



This code is for Horde characters.  Alliance players need to change ORGISH to COMMON in the macro code. 

This code makes forming your guild of random people (who are going to be raising your guild level, earning you guild perks, and depositing a percentage of all their looted coin into your guild bank) rather painless.  Patch 4.1 notes have even been updated to state that the guild % coin looted report will be removed from the display.  Soon people won't even know that they are helping fund the guild bank.

As long as you are up front and honest about what you are doing, you shouldn't get many complainers.  If you do get some whiners, a guild kick is an easy solution.

Cash Flow Rank 2 is available at Guild Level 16.  That's  going to be a long ways away seeing as we have barely cleared Guild Level 5.  Regardless, Rank 1 is providing free easy gold within my coffers.

Do You Have A Guild Working For You Or Are You Just Working For Someone Else?

23 comments:

  1. I had plans to go the passive income route...

    Was about to go get myself yet another guild charter and bark the usual in trade channel. But as I'm not very fond of those messages there I thought I'd try something else for a change: "WTB guild...". 10 seconds later I got a whisper. Ended up buying a lvl 9 guild with over 800 chars but only a few active ones.

    Would've been perfect for my plans but there was a slight change of plans. Now I'm hiring officers to manage the guild under my lead and I have all these plans for it.

    Lets just say it'll be a fun little goldsink project handing out "salary" to officers and rewards to active members.

    Could maybe try to sell it once it's lvl 25 but by that time i have a feeling it'll be my little baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the "SendChatMessage" is useless if you dont send anything.

    Also here is the macro for easy copying
    /script n=GetNumWhoResults(); i=1; while(i<n+1) do c,g=GetWhoInfo(i); if(g=="") then GuildInvite(c); end; i=i+1; end;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alternatively, you can use this:

    http://www.4shared.com/file/CcnC_Hiy/Ulkessherns_Invitatron.html

    Automates the whole process

    ReplyDelete
  4. its /invitatron start to start and /invitatron stop to stop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking of doing this with my second guild I'm going to make for personal banking. No reason not to do it really and it truely is a passive income and zero risk to your own items stored in the bank.

    Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tried doing this as well. The problem though is getting the guild perks in the first place. Everybody I invite to the guild leaves shortly after because the guild is still a Level 1 guild and offers no perks. It is tough to sell the guild as a "benefit from the perks as long as you want and then leave" kind of thing when there are no perks to speak of and no sense of loyalty to incentivize people to level it for you.

    How did you address this issue, or did you just have to slowly trudge to Guild Level 2?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anon

    I have 4 characters of my own within the guild. Everyone did the daily cooking and fishing quests each day (at te bare minimum) to start the initial bump towards Guild Level 2.

    And like I said, I started early into the expansion, so there wasn't as much competition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the same Anon as above.. that's good to know and some good advice.

    My idea was slightly less effective: I pledged a Mechano-Hog to the guild member who invited the most people to the guild who stayed in the guild past a certain point. Now I'm on the hook for a Mechano-Hog for one of my members in a few days with very few results to show for it. So much for passive goldmaking!

    I still really like this idea and am not going to give up on it. I foresee things being much easier once we at least get the Fast Track perk under our belts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use "/who 1-10" and "/who 11-15" etc, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been doing this since before Cata in order to get it all in place (Thats my addon linked above that I wrote for the express purpose) I'm currently on track for realm first level 25 guild (we'll be 22 today iirc) and have 1000 members almost permanently, people are autokicked (via another addon that isnt linked) if they are offline for 7 days.

    To say I've made "some" gold out of this would be an understatement.

    Jumping on the bandwagon now is perhaps too late though, as there will be dozens of higher level guilds that your farming minions would rather be in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quote: My idea was slightly less effective: I pledged a Mechano-Hog to the guild member who invited the most people to the guild who stayed in the guild past a certain point. Now I'm on the hook for a Mechano-Hog for one of my members in a few days with very few results to show for it. So much for passive goldmaking!

    Answer: Maybe you should have made that certain point "guild level 5" then you would have something to show for it, atleast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the macro and addons... great tip and help there.

    In part there is a oportunity cost to these things. It takes gold to make gold. Offering the hog to one player... did it produce results? Objective met, but at what cost? I took a different route. 20 gold at lvl 20, 100 at 30, 40, 50 and 60, and more for higher. And then added that if you invite some one I will pay both for the achieve of the new guy. So you invite john and he hits level 20, I pay out to both of you 20 gold etc... everyone has a chance, it requires activity on both parties, and is repeatable. However the motivation for my guild is not passive income, that is just a perk. You will IMHO be a rare and shiny gem if you are one of the few the makes a successful passive income with this method. IMHO, it is just a perk, not a way to try to get something for nothing...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hog Anon here again... I agree with what Achieve said. I didn't offer the Hog because I'm viewing the Level 5 perk as a get-rich-quick-scheme that will have me rolling in the passive dough... I'm pretty sure it never will. I did it because I'm treating this guild as my pet project and I'd like it to be as successful as possible. I'm disappointed that the hog promotion wasn't a success but that just means I'll need to find another way to promote the guild that will be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blindly inviting ppl to join a guild is obnoxious. Nothing like having an invite pop up while you are trying to solo a quest and die due to some pop-up blocking your actions to piss you off.

    I'm sure you make plenty of money doing that. But if making money means becoming an amoral bastard, I'll have nothing to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Got the macro to work, but not getting the code right on the whisper message portion... Cold its really hard to read the cod and tell between : or ; and { or ( and I don't understand the script things at all... thanks for any help

    at ^ anon, I agree to a point. but it is an ends to a means, and i am not sure there is a better way to do mass invites short of hours and hours... the guild invite has rarely bothered me, but looting in a fight.. the loot window pops on my screen over grid... need to find an addon that moves the loot popup to somewhere else

    ReplyDelete
  16. To Achieve, try using Xloot

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting idea. Heard about this in a JMTC meeting that you were in. Gonna try it out for giggles. I’ve been thinking about if I should use my main banker or not. Seeing that my realm knows that i'm all about gold and experimenting i'll most likely use him. If hell breaks loose at least i'll be having fun.
    The main problem is that the Horde side is dead. Might do it cross faction just to have an incentive to move stock faster as well as getting busier on ally side as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello. can get the macro working.. Is this the right code?

    /script n=GetNumWhoResults(); i=1; while(i<n+1) do c,g=GetWhoInfo(i); if(g=="") then
    SendChatMassge(""."WIHSPER"."COMMON".c):
    GuildInvite(c): end: i-i+1:end:

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey. I've invited probably about 2000 users over the last two weeks and not my guild has over 500 users. So far I have two users complain saying I was using some BOT and reporting me. Then when I try to answer them they have me on ignore. So do I need to be concern they report me for botting? I mean we just using the who command, checking if they in a guild, whispter a hello message and asking them if they want to join.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Correct macro here:

    /script n=GetNumWhoResults(); i=1; while(i<n+1) do c,g=GetWhoInfo(i); if(g=="") then GuildInvite(c); end; i=i+1; end;

    ReplyDelete
  21. Are those macros still working on 4.3? Actually, I am trying to find some working macros...
    At least, some of the macros show the error 'this feature is not available for starter accounts'

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been having the same problem with the addin being broken since patch 4.3.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey i used the Macro (in 4.3) and it works fine, it doesn't mass invite, but it does work to an extent. impressed thanks for this much use :) peace out

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. If reading in a feed, please visit the main site for comments.