Monday, February 4, 2013

20 Days of Gold Making (Day 7) - Starter Options

This entry is part of a series of gold making posts answering the questions in the 20 Days of Gold Making Challenge started by Nev over at Auction House Addict.  If you also blog, then be sure to check out the gold blogging challenge for post topic ideas.

20 Days Of Gold Making (Day 7)
If just starting out or starting over on a new server, how would you start building some capital and what goal would you set for yourself?


How Would You Build Capital?
If switching servers:  Easy answer is to just raise capital by selling extra caged battle pets on the new server.

However, if I was starting from scratch I would first raise some capital by signing guild charters for signature fees and robbing guild banks.  Any fools dumb enough to invite me into their guild and have open access to their guild tabs are just asking to be pilfered.  Well, i guess it's technically not pilfering if you go looking for stuff to swipe. LOL.  Oh you booted me after I took a stack of items to sell?  Oh well, on to the next guild.  This is how I got started with my Alliance spies on the other side of my server.  You'd be amazed at the stuff people put into the guild bank slots that have open access for any member to swipe.  Makes it pretty easy to get starter cash without putting in much work at all.  Hey! Don't call me a thief!  I prefer Opportunist.

For the non-shady way of getting starter cash raised, I would just level as normal and collect items to sell on the auction house like greens, rare materials, meats, etc.

What Goal Would I Set?
Once I got to 200-300 gold, I would start flipping items on the auction house and slowly build some larger chunks of capital before starting in raising professions.  I'd start slow and target nice blue leveling gear, much the same as I did when I stockpiled low level blue leveling gear to sell at the start of Mists of Pandaria.  I'd choose this market to get started because there are always super great deals on low level blue gear put on the auction house by ignorant players.  It's very easy to grab something like one of my favorite flips, the Blackwater Cutlass, for under 10 gold and then turn around and sell it for 100 gold within days.  I'd start with this low level blue market again because the return on investment is just too good to pass up.



Recommended Guides: Secret Gold Guide | Journal of Marcus Ty | WoW Secrets

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. If reading in a feed, please visit the main site for comments.